A Mastodon native client for AmigaOS
- AmigaOS 3.x
- AmiSSL 4
- MUI 3.9 or newer (but see known issues for newer versions)
- MUI classes:
Hyperlink(available in the MUI 4.x and 5.x archives, but works with 3.9 also),
- 68020+ CPU
- 8MB of RAM
- An internet connection
- A web browser will be needed once, for the first time you authenticate your account
Amidon is designed to be a portable application. Just place the binary in any directory you want and run it from there. It will generate it’s own settings and
cache directory on startup.
You can get the latest version from the Github Releases page: https://github.com/BlitterStudio/amidon/releases
- It’s rather slow to start-up on a real Amiga. I counted about 13 seconds on an 060/50MHz running MUI 5.0. However, it’s rather usable afterwards, so please be patient!
- HTMLview, the MUI class used to display HTML content in Amidon, has issues with some versions of MUI on AmigaOS 3.x. It will not show any content on MUI 4 or 5, so it only works properly on MUI 3.9 currently. If you don’t care about that functionality, you can of course use MUI 4 or 5 normally otherwise.
- HTMLview seems to have issues showing any content behind HTTPS links (e.g. images).
- MUI 3.8 also works, but it has several rendering issues with the content in the listviews, so it’s not recommended.