A multi-platform Amiga “Anim” player with playlist support
- Can play the following Amiga ANIM format files: ANIM5, ANIM7, ANIM8(L) ANIM16, ANIM32, YAFA.
- Can play the following non-Amiga formats: FLIC (FLC)
- Has playlist support. You can add a sequence of Anims and view them in the order you want.
- Has quick resize options for: Original, Double size. Also able to freely resize manually of course.
- Drag and drop support, adds files to playlist.
- Runs on multiple platforms: AmigaOS3, AmigaOS4, AROS (x86), MorphOS, Linux (ARM, x86, PPC), MacOS, Windows.
Note: Although you can run it on AmigaOS3, a real Classic will be too slow for it. You will need something faster than 060 and RTG to make use of it in real life (so either under emulation or a fancy FPGA accelerator). However, since there are already various Anim players for the Classic which perform quite well, I don’t see this as a big problem.
- The application was designed to be portable, no special installation is necessary. Just extract and run the executable (you may need to mark the file as executable on *nix platforms).
- On Amiga-like OS, it requires MUI (or Zune).
Releases are available on Github: https://github.com/BlitterStudio/AnimPlayer/releases
Choose the binary for the platform you are interested in
- Add support for audio in YAFA Anims (samples or MODs), maybe. 🙂
- Have a feature request? Please let me know!